Hi, I’m Paul Carley, a British pronunciation specialist, and I teach pronunciation online, helping people all over the world improve their accents.
I’m the author of several books on English pronunciation, phonetics and pronunciation teaching published by Routledge, a leading international publisher.
I’ve taught English phonetics, pronunciation, language and linguistics at universities and language schools in the UK and abroad for nearly 20 years.
I have qualifications in English linguistics, phonetics, and language teaching:
– University of Bedfordshire
– University of Leicester
– University of Applied Sciences Utrecht, Netherlands
– Fakeeh College for Medical Sciences, Saudi Arabia
I have written several practical textbooks on English phonetics and
pronunciation for the international publisher Routledge:
- 2021 British English Phonetic Transcription
- 2021 American English Phonetic Transcription
- 2020 American English Phonetics and Pronunciation Practice
- 2019 Practical English Phonetics and Phonology (4th edition)
- 2018 English Phonetics and Pronunciation Practice (*)
- 2015 Phonetics in English Language Teaching (6 volumes)
- 2013 English Phonetics: Twentieth Century Developments (6 volumes)
(*) English Phonetics and Pronunciation Practice has been translated into Japanese by Prof. Hiroshi Miura under the title イギリス英語音声学.